Primal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Why primal? Because I am using regular chocolate chips. Well, Enjoy Life mini chips to be exact. So with all that regular sugar in those chips.....they are not exactly Paleo, right? LOL. We like our 85% dark chocolate here and I am sure it would be good in cookies, its just not traditional is all. So this is how I am making them, OK? But go ahead and get those dark chocolate chips and call them paleo if you want! :-)
1/4 cup Butter (grass fead), room temperature
4 Tablespoons Honey
1 Tablespoon Vanilla
2 cups Almond Flour (note)
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 cup Small Chocolate Chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a Stand mixer with whip attachment (or with a hand held mixer) whip butter on medium/low until smooth and creamy.
- Add egg and whip until fully incorporated.
- Add Honey and vanilla and whip until just incorporated.
- Add dry ingredients and fully combine.
- Scoop cookie dough out with your large sized cookie scoop and place a ball of batter onto cooking sheet.
- Flatten cookie with your slightly wet or oiled palm to shape you desire your final product.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes for larger cookie or 7-8 for smaller cookies.
Honeyville is the finest ground almond flour. This really is true! It is not really the expensive either, however, its not always convenient for me to have. I am using Bob's Red Mill almond flour and grinding it finer by placing it in my coffee bean grinder or sometimes my blender and processing it for about a minute. Careful not to over do it or it will turn into butter!!!