Paleo Pumpkin Pie Recipe
For Pumpkin Week on the Gluten Free Menu Swap I whipped up a pumpkin pie that is suitable to our new diet! I just used my old recipe and swapped out the questionable ingredients. My picky children especially liked the crust. Gluten free crust is never going to be quite the same as the crusts we enjoyed as wheat eaters. This nut crust, though, is so good in its own right. The flakiness is being replaced by the tad crunch of the tiny nut bits. We think it is a nice switch-off.
1 cup Raw Walnuts
1 cup Raw Pecans
1/2 cup Raw Cashews
4 Tablespoons Grass Fed Butter
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1 pie crust (above)
1 can of Pumpkin (or 2 cups fresh)
2/3's cup Granulated Coconut Sugar
2 teaspoons Cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon Ginger
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon Cloves
1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
1 Tablespoon Arrowroot Powder
3 eggs well beaten
3/4 cup Almond Milk
1 cup Coconut Milk
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Puree nuts in food processor until just about butter.
- Add butter and salt and fully combine.
- Press crust into an 8 inch pie plate.
- Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes. Careful not to over brown.
- Take out of oven and set aside to cool while you make the filling.
- Combine pumpkin, sugar and the next 4 ingredients in your stand mixer with whip attachment. Beat well.
- Add in milk and eggs. Beat until combined well.
- Pour into an 8 inch pie crust.
- Bake at 325 degrees for one hour
Other great Paleo Pumpkin Pie Recipes on the Web:
Everyday Paleo's Pumpkin Pie Video
Mark's Daily Apple Ultimate Walnut Pie Crust