Almond and Romano Cheese Encrusted Roast Pork Loin Chops #PorkParty
So my husband and I snuck off to the city one day last week while the kids were in school.....and we had a blast! Costco Cash in hand, we set out to explore the store. I was enchanted by their selections. It is definitely an upscale wholesale club with great prices. BUT, I was there on a mission and I refused to allow myself to be distracted too much. TO THE MEAT CASES! I did buy other cuts of meat besides pork as well as other items like Olive Oil and spices. For today, I am going to show you the pork loins.
|See, here they are!|
If you zoom in you will notice I paid $1.99 a pound at this store.
Good price right? Plus this week Costco was offering $2.50 off! So are you wondering what I made with my roast pork from Costco? I sliced that massive loin up, it was way too big for our family. First, though, I sliced 4 1-inch medallions off as chops for the recipe I am going to share with you today.
This new recipe happens to suit our Paleo Diet. When we first started out on this diet, I was at a loss when it came to crusting items. I had no clue what the replacement would be so I just did without. Sure, I could do without the coating, but I did not want to!! :-). You hear sometimes a nut crust being included on fish so I figured to take it to the next level. This dish is heavenly. So savory and flavorful and packed with protein. I strongly urge you to give it a try. In fact, this dish is elegant enough to serve at a holiday party. Have some friends over and have a party!
4 1-inch thick pork loin chops
1 egg mixed with 1 Tablespoon Water
1 1/2 cups Almond Meal
1 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Pepper
1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1 teaspoon Onion Powder
Grated Romano Cheese (topping)
Frying Oil of choice ~ 1 inch
- Turn fry pan on medium heat to start to warm the oil.
- Prepare dishes by placing almond flour and seasonings in one dish and mixed egg/water in the other. Mix almond flour and spices to fully combine.
- Dredge pork chops in egg wash first and them fully coat with almond meal mixture.
- Place pork chops in oil and fry 4 to 5 minutes one one side.
- Flip chops over and grate some fresh Romano Cheese on top.
- Fry an additional 4 to 5 minutes until nice and golden brown.
- Pork chops should be at least 145 degrees before taking out of pan and allowing to rest for a minute or two.
Here are some links to my families favorite pork recipes:
Alton Brown's Grilled Pork Tenderloin with a Lime Chipotle Marinade
Martha Stewart's Pork Tenderloin with Honeyed Butter
Paula Deen's Grilled Pork Tenderloin with an Orange Juice Marinade
PS ~ I am giving away a $50 Costco Cash gift card to one lucky reader. Click HERE and enter through Rafflecopter.