Quick and Easy Gluten Free Chicken Spaghetti Dinner
When my brother first tried this dish, he went right over to his place and bragged about it to his friends. He was telling them how creative I am. Well I wish that were the case but I first tried this dish at a Church dinner. I noticed that my son enjoyed it and he is just so incredibly picky that I thought to myself, "I must try it gluten free". It makes a generous sized casserole and results in plenty of leftovers. At least it does for my family.
3 to 4 chicken pieces
Water to cover
1 Herb Ox Bouillon Cube
1 (18 ounce) can Progresso cream of mushroom soup
1 cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1 (16 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes (drained)
1 small Onion, finely diced (1/4 cup)
1 small Pepper, finely diced (1/4 cup) ~ Optional
1 (12 ounce) package spaghetti noodles
1 cups Reserved Chicken Broth From Pot
1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash
⅛ teaspoons (to 1/4 Teaspoon) Cayenne Pepper
Salt And Pepper, to taste
*1 cup Additional Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese (for topping if desired)*
- Place a large pot of water on to boil.
- Add chicken pieces into the pot and cook until done, approximately 35 to 40 minutes. Internal temperature of chicken should be 165 degrees.
- Remove 1 cup of stock and add Bouillon Cube. Keep the remaining stock on simmer.
- Making sure chicken is cool enough to handle, pick out the meat to make two full cups of meat.
- Add broken spaghetti into the chicken broth and simmer until al dente. Do not overcook, especially with GF pasta.
- When spaghetti is cooked, drain out broth.
- Combine with remaining ingredients (including 1 cup stock) and 1 cup sharp cheddar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 45 minutes.