Spaghetti with Fresh Tomato Sauce
Spaghetti Con Burro e Pomodori
This is a simple fresh tomato sauce that was inspired from the tons of fresh tomatoes we have been harvesting. There are very few ingredients but do not let that fool you. The flavor is simply wonderful.
1 pound of Pasta (of our choice)
1/2 cup Butter (no diet food here, I have used Olive Oil too as well as 1/2 butter and 1/2 oil)
4 Cloves Garlic (minced) - or more. Depends on how you feel!
28 ounces or so of tomatoes (I was using fresh so I just added enough to be 1/2 inch up my 12" skillet)
Grated Parmesan or Romano Cheese
- Put pasta water on to boil. Salt it generously.
- When water boils add in package of pasta. Careful not to overcook.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in saute pan over medium heat.
- When butter starts to melt and foam, add minced garlic.
- Cook until you can swell the aroma of the garlic though-out your kitchen.
- Add fresh, chopped and de-skinned tomatoes. Or you can add them whole and smash them as they cook.
- Simmer for about 15 minutes or until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss with Hot Pasta and pass the freshly grated cheese.
The sauce is thin. When I first served this to my husband he handed it back and asked for me to add more. Its very flavorful even thin, I assure you.
Even your children will eat this.
To de-skin a tomato just submerge in boiling water for 1 minute. Immediately plunge into cold water and remove skin with a knife.