Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Kitchen Tip Tuesday - Quick Pancake Syrup Replacement

Today I ran out of Syrup. A complete and total disaster on Waffle day in our house. How in the world can the stock up queen run out of syrup? Well, I'll tell you how. Without realizing it, we apparently we were using both bottles. So I pulled out my make your own syrup at home recipe and do you know what? My kids claim its better than the "other kind". Cool. Super duper cool for kids who almost NEVER like anything I make.

Recipe:

1 cup Brown Sugar
3 cups Water
3 Tablespoons Corn Starch
1 teaspoon Vanilla or Maple Syrup Flavoring

Boil until Thickened.

Print

2 comments:

  1. Excellent, I've been looking for a good recipe. I don't like maple flavoring so now I can substitute my own. Sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful idea! Are you going to eliminate the real thing from your shopping list now? Or keep it around for convenience?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...