Chili Cheese Potato Casserole
2 pounds potatoes, diced or sliced Steak Fry style
1 lb. ground beef
1/2 onion, diced
1 8 ounces tomato sauce
1 14.5oz. can diced tomatoes
1 1/2 T. chili powder
2 t. cumin
2 t. garlic powder
1 t. salt
1/4 t. cayenne pepper
1 1/3 c. milk
1 T Flour
2 c. shredded Sharp cheese
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Spray 13x9 casserole dish with oil.
- Place diced potatoes in a large pot with salted water.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until fork tender.
- Drain and pour into a greased 13×9 casserole dish.
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef and onion. Drain.
- Add tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt and cayenne pepper.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- While the chili simmers, combine milk and flour.
- Heat up mixture in a small sauce pan, stirring until mixture thickens.
- Stir in 1 1/2 c. cheese. Stir until cheese is completely melted.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour cheese sauce over the potatoes in the casserole dish.
- Top with the chili.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 c. shredded cheese over the chili.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes, until bubbly and cheese is melted.