Thursday, September 17, 2009

Hoagie Dip

This is definitely a wonderful way to have your hoagie Gluten Free style.  Just use corn chip scoops.

I first wrote this recipe down from my Sister-in-law as she was rambling what she put in this fantastic dip. Seriously, it's so good. I have no clue where she got it. They are definitely the word of mouth sort of recipe gals. They really would use any sort of lunch meat combo on sale or they preferred. This version was made for me (since I'm Italian). I personally would use extra sharp provolone as the cheese in this dip as well as ROMA tomatoes.

1/2 pound cooked Ham, sliced thin
1/2 pound Genoa Salami, sliced thin
1/2 pound Mortadella, sliced thin
1/2 pound Capicola, sliced thin
1 pound American Cheese, sliced
1 cups Mayonnaise
2 teaspoons Oregano
1 Onion, Chopped small
1/2 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
2 tomatoes, diced
1 big bag of Tostitos Brand Scoops
(should not variate from scoops or you will have hard time picking up dip)

Dice the lunch meats into small pieces.
In a large bowl, blend the Mayonnaise with seasoning and onions.
While mixing add lunch meat pieces by small portions incorporating well. Continue until all meat is added and coated nicely with mayo.

It can be kept at this point and stored for use.

Later, add the shredded Lettuce and Tomato. Mix gently. Serve with Frito Lay Brand Scoops.

************************

Jessica/ Fish Momma at Ultimate Recipe Swap is having a Football Food carnival. Click here to read up on all the great ideas.

Print

4 comments:

  1. Being a Philly girl, too, I have to say I love this recipe! We're not too far from Philly now, but the hoagies just aren't the same! I'm sure it's worse for you being so far away from "home" now. Remember the dollar hoagies from Jack's? MMMmmm! Thanks for posting this recipe, I've had it a time or two, but never asked for the recipe! I'll have to serve this for New Year's Eve or SuperBowl Sunday....if the Eagles aren't playing....we don't support them anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had never heard of this but believe it will be served for potlucks for the youth at church as well sounds great

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shopannies, that's a great idea! It would definitely be a hit a church youth groups!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful idea. Thanks so much for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...