Monday, November 16, 2015

Paleo Pecan Pie (no corn syrup)

I have tried a few Pecan Pie recipes before I developed this one.  Lets face it, Pecan Pie is really difficult to get wrong but I was pursing a recipe that did not include corn syrup. Why? Well... Long before the Paleo Diet eliminated corn from our diet, we avoided corn because my son as born allergic. So the idea has always been something I toyed with. What I ended up is using a traditional recipe that was modified/substituted with the ingredients similar to the original.

So yes, this recipe is paleo compliant but as far as desserts go tho, this one is WAY TOO HIGH in sugar. So *DEFINITELY NOT* Low Carb. But hey, thats what the holidays are about...




1 cup Coconut Sugar
1 cup Honey (or try some Coconut Palm Syrup)
3 eggs
1/4 cup (4 Tablespoons) Butter, melted
1-1/2 teaspoons Vanilla
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1 Tablespoon Arrowroot Flour
2 Tablespoons Almond Milk
1-1/2 cups Chopped Pecans
One Almond Flour Pie Crust


Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
Prepare Pie Crust.

  • In saucepan heat up sugar and honey together for 2 to 3 minutes; set aside to cool slightly. 
  • In large bowl beat eggs 
  • pour the syrup mixture into the eggs (slowly), stirring constantly. 
  • Stir in butter, vanilla, pinch of salt and pecans and pour into crust. 
  • Bake in a 350°F oven for about 45 to 60 minutes or until set. (HuGe Difference I know, my oven is old!!)


I think while preparing this for Thanksgiving, you can make the filling ahead and chill to fill your pie crust and bake later.  Why not! I am always trying to make as much as I can that day ahead!!!


Print
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...