Sunday, November 8, 2015

Low Carb Cinnamon Raisin Biscuits

Oh hey! Long time right?  Somebody recently contacted me about the lack of activity on my blog.  Perhaps I would like to sell it?  Umm No! LOL.  This blog and its recipes are for my family.  My Celiac child and to anyone who may be interested in the recipes I post.  So I decided to get some of the recipes I have been accumulating in my little spiral book (that have been piling up for a year now) and post.  Babysteps! LOL.

These lovely little biscuits are High Protein, and Low Carb.  Imagine going wheat free and being able to enjoy something like this.  I recently explained to somebody that these little lovelies were similar to Hardees biscuits and they laughed. Okay, maybe no replacement for wheat recipe will ever be "like" a wheat based product.  But I have not eaten wheat in 7 years so perhaps I have long forgotten what it really tastes like.  I like them.  This recipe hits the spot and makes me happy that its in my life! :)

You should try them!




2 cups Blanched Almond Flour
1 Tablespoon Coconut Flour
1 teaspoons Baking Powder
1/4 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
1 1/2 teaspoons Cinnamon
Pinch of Salt
2 Eggs
2 Tablespoons Honey
4 drops of EZ Sweets (a splenda product) or liquid Stevia
4 Tablespoons (1/4 cup) Butter or Coconut Oil
2/3's cup Raisins (golden baking)

Glaze
2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
2 Tablespoons Honey
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla


Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
  • Combine the flours, baking powder, gum, and salt in a food processor. 
  • Pulse a few times to combine. 
  • Add eggs, honey, liquid sweetener and oil/butter.  
  • Mix until dough forms.
  • Gently fold in the raisins and cinnamon (until cinnamon swirls though the dough)
  • Using a 1/4 measuring cup, scoop out dough. 
  • Use your hands to create biscuit-like shape and place on the pan.
  • Place on parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes or until your house smells like cinnamon.
Print
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...