1 cup (2 sticks) Butter, Room Temperature
1 cup Sugar
1 tablespoon Vanilla
1/2 teaspoon Almond Extract
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon Cream of Tartar
1 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
1-1/2 cups Brown Rice Flour (Superfine)
3/4's cup Arrowroot (or Potato Starch)
3/4's cup Tapioca Starch (also called Tapioca flour)
2 Tablespoons Vanilla Flavored Instant Pudding
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. This is an important step, don't rush it!
- Add egg, vanilla, almond extract. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Add dry ingredients (salt, tartar, gum, flour, pudding) to a small bowl off to the side and mix well.
- Add to wet ingredents and mix until dought JUST starts to putt together. If you squeeze dough together with your hands, it will hold onto its shape.
- Spilt batter into two balls. Roll out batter between two parchment papers to a 1/4's inch thickness. alternatively I will sometimes cut my shapes out first and then chill the cookies on the sheet.
- Chill batter for 10 minutes
- Take batter out from fridge and cut into shapes.
- Promptly put into preheated oven and bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Allow to rest on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.