We are much more likely to eat all those excess jalapenos from our garden if we jar them. I absolutely LOVE picked jalapenos over nachos with that "profit maker" cheese sauce. Ahh bad for you food but I swear I could just pull up a bucket full! ;-).
1 cup Water
1 cup White Vinegar
3 cloves of Garlic, Peeled and Cracked
2 Tablespoons of Coarse Kosher Salt
1 Tablespoon of Peppercorns
- Sterilize canning jars in dishwasher on sterilize cycle or wash jars with hot sudsy water and boil jars until hot (a few minutes).
- Clean Jalapenos well, remove top and slice into coins. We like to remove as many seeds as we can for ours, but traditionally they are left in.
- Add Water, Vinegar, Garlic, Salt and Peppercorns into a small saucepan and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Pack pepper coins into sterilized jars.
- Pour pickling liquid over peppers inside the jar.
- Place top on jar and place inside pot large enough to cover up.
- Boil for 10 minutes in 2 inches of water.
- Cool and store.