These pancakes will put a "lump in the gut" and fuel your kids with energy and nutrition clean on though to Lunch! Make them ahead for the freezer and have them ready for school day breakfasts. The kids don't even ask for syrup for these pancakes. They will just eat them right off their plate "as is".
Chocolate Chip Almond Flour Pancakes
"Adapted from Elana's Pantry's Pancakes recipe"
1 1/2 cups Almond Flour
1 Tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/2 cup Almond Milk
2 Tablespoons Raw Honey
1/4 cup Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
- Add the first 6 ingredients into the bowl and mix until fully incorporated.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Place batter in the fridge to firm up for 2 to 3 minutes. Batter will become thick enough to cook while resting.
- Place oiled pan over medium-high heat. Pan will be ready when you can hover hand over heat and feel the warmth of the pan raise to your hand. Careful not to burn yourself!
- Turn pan all the way down to low.
- Take batter out and place a heaping tablespoon into pan.
- Fry on low until batter bubbles from the bottom though to the top. Shoud be 2 to 3 minutes per side. My first few pancakes always turn out darker in color.
- With your spatula lift up pancake to see if it is a nice medium brown color (see picture).
- Quickly and carefully shove spatula under pancake and flip quickly. Pancakes could be hard to flip so a quick action is necessary. Flipping too soon will cause pancakes to drip. A good eye on the underneath color and quick flipping action is key here.