2 cups Navy Beans
12 ounce pack of Frozen chopped onions
3 tablespoons Mild Molasses
1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
1/4 teaspoon Dry Mustard
1/2 cup Katchup
1/4 cup Brown Sugar
1/4 cup reserved bean water
Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Soak beans overnight in 8 cups of water.
- The next morning, summer the beans in the same soaking water until tender, approximately 2 hours on low.
- Meanwhile, in a fry pan simmer onions on low until caramelized.
- Add Molasses, Pepper, Dry Mustard, Katchup and Brown Sugar. Stirring occasionally, bring mixture to a medium boil. Remove from heat
- When beans are done, drain liquid, reserving 1/2 cup.
- Place beans in 2 quart casserole dish.
- Mix in sauteed onions and Sauce, mix well.
- Make sure beans are covered with liquid, otherwise add additional reserved soaking liquid.
- Cover and Bake for 2 hours in oven until beans are tender and sauce is thickened.