No need for a special gluten free Spritz cookie recipe here. I was in a mad rush the day I created this and did not want to mess every counter in the house so I added 1/4 cup more flour and added the batter to the cookie press. Voila, it worked and it was incredible. Reminds me of the cookies you buy in the blue tin at the holidays.
1 cup (2 sticks) Butter, Room Temperature
1 cup Sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1/2 teaspoon Almond Extract
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon Cream of Tartar
1 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
2 3/4's cup Gluten Free Flour Blend
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, vanilla, almond extract. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Add dry ingredients (salt, tartar, gum, flour) to a small bowl off to the side and mix well.
- Add to wet ingredents and mix until dought JUST starts to putt together and looses a bit of its sticky nature. You will want to add one tablespoon of flour at a time at this point to achieve the texture you are looking for. Every climate is different and may need more or less.
- Chill batter for 10 minutes either before adding to the press or after the cookes are pressed out into shapes onto the cookie sheet.
- Add to cookie press and press cookie shapes DIRECTLY onto baking sheet. A parchment will not work for this type of cookie.
- Bake for 8 to 9 minutes.