3 Eggs, separated
1/4 plus 3/4's cup Sugar
1/3 cup Butter, room temperature
1/4 cup Lemon Juice
1/4 plus 2 Tablespoons Gluten Free Flour Blend
1/8 teaspoon Salt
1 cup Milk
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Place your UN-buttered 2 quart round casserole dish or Souffle dish inside a 9 x 13" dish.
Boil some water.
- Beat egg whites until they are foamy.
- Add in 1/4 cup sugar and continue to whip until stiff peaks form (When you scrape the sides of the bowl, the egg whites will stay in formation).
- Set egg whites aside in a separate bowl.
- Add in remaining 3/4's cup sugar and butter to mixer.
- Beat until creamy.
- Add in Lemon Juice and egg yolks and fully incorporate. (Mine looked broken when the lemon juice was added but the cake still turned out well).
- Turn mixer to low and add the flour and salt. Fully incorporate.
- Slowly add in milk. Batter will be very loose.
- Put egg whites into mixing bowl and mix on very low, just until incorporated.
- Add to your dish of choice (the one you placed inside the 9 x 13" dish earlier) and place into oven.
- Add water to 9 x 13" dish about 1" up the sides. This helps the pudding bottom.
- Cook for 45 to 50 minutes.
I noticed that the higher side souffle dish helped the top not brown so much. If you are using a starndard 2 quart casserole keep a look out for the top browning too quick. If this happens cover it with foil whit it reaches the desired color.