According to Pizza Inn Menu: "Our Original Thin Crust topped with seasoned taco meat, Cheddar cheese, crispy lettuce, and fresh diced tomatoes."
I usually do just make this sometime after a taco dinner, making sure I make enough meat for leftovers. This way I have enough leftovers for ONE pizza. It really does make sense to make two pizzas though if you are going to go though all the trouble of browning meat and such. This would also be a good time considering cooking some of your ground beef ahead of time! ;-D
1 Gluten Free Pizza Crust Recipe
1 can Refried Beans (or about 1 cup of your own ~ heated until soft)
1/2 pound Ground Meat
1/2 packet of Taco Seasoning (Make your own or use Or McCormick)
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Fresh Diced Tomatoes
A few dashes of Hot Sauce (Optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees with pizza stone inside
Have your pizza peel ready
- Prepare crust according to directs included in link above or use your favorite prepared crust (like Udi's).
- Brown ground beef in a skillet making sure to crumble meat.
- Drain fat, add water and taco seasoning. Set aside.
- After crust is partially baked for 10 minutes, take crust out and spread refried beans on top of pie shell (leaving a 1/2 inch rim). I usually do a thin spread, just to taste so you may have some leftover.
- Add crumbled ground meat on top evenly.
- Bake in oven on top of pizza stone for 10-15 minutes or until ingredients on top are heated through.
- Take out of the oven and top generously with cheddar cheese, lettuce and tomato.
- Serve with hot sauce and sour cream at the table.
Other Great Taco type pizza's on the web:
Celiac Family's Mexican Pizza
You really should look at Cook It Allergy Free's gorgeous Mexican Pizza
Here you can find Diane from the Whole Gang's pizza over at Ginger Lemon Girl
I will be linking this recipe up to the following linky's:
Slightly Indulgent Tuesday over at Simply Sugar and Gluten Free
Mommy Solutions (Tuesday) at The Mommy Club
Gluten Free Wednesday over at Gluten Free Homemaker
Real Food Wednesday
Works for me Wednesday
Creative Juices Thursday @ Momnivore's Dilemma
Potluck Friday @ Ekat's Kitchen