This recipe turned out so incredibly chocolaty, it was light and moist, had a great texture and kept very well. So without further adieu, the home made gluten free chocolate cake recipe I will use forever:
2 sticks Butter
1 cup White Sugar
1 cup Brown Sugar
4 Whole Eggs
1 Tablespoon Vanilla
3/4 cup Hershey's Cocoa Powder
1 cup Boiling Water
1/4 cup Chocolate Bits, chopped fine (Semi Sweet or Dark)
1 cup Sour Cream, ButterMilk or Yogurt
1/2 teaspoon of Salt
1 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
2 cups of My Preferred GF Flour Blend
(1 cup Tapioca Starch, 3/4 cup Brown Rice Flour, 1/3 cup Potato Starch)
1/4 cup Sorghum Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
2 teaspoons Baking Soda
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream Butter and Sugars together until light and fluffy, at least 3 minutes.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix until fully incorporated.
- Add in Cocoa Powder and mix well.
- Meanwhile mix boiling water and chocolate bits together until chocolate melts.
- Add milk to chocolate/water mixture.
- In a separate bowl mix Salt, Gum, Flours, Baking Soda and Baking Power.
- Add flour blend and Chocolate Milk into stand mixer and mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour into either Prepared 13 x 9 baking sheet, 2-8" or 2 9" baking pans, or cupcake pans lined with papers.
- Bake cupcakes for 20 to 25 minutes, round pans for 30 to 35 minutes, and Sheet Cake for 40 to 45 or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Frost with canned or Homemade Chocolate Frosting.
Other Great Recipes similar to this one:
Hershey's "Perfectly Chocolate" Chocolate Cake over at Hershey's
Chocolate Cake Recipe over at Gluten Free Homemaker