|Fresh out of the Oven!|
2 1/4 teaspoons Yeast
3 Egg Whites
2 Tablespoons Oil
2 Tablespoons Sugar
2 cups Flour Blend*
2 teaspoons Xanthan Gum
1 1/2 teaspoons Salt
1/2 teaspoon Vinegar
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1 T Cinnamon
- Add Warm Water into measuring cup and add yeast. Allow to sit and fluff up.
- Meanwhile add eggs to stand mixer with whip attachment. Whip lightly.
- Add the Yeast/Water mixture, Oil, Sugar, Flour, Gum, Salt and Vinegar.
- Whip on low until fully incorporated, scraping down sides as necessary
- Spread out a sheet of parchment paper on the counter top (about 14 x 18 piece) and spray with oil.
- Spread batter out as thinly as possible to form a rectangle.
- Evenly distribute Brown Sugar and Cinnamon.
- If you are adding an additional jelly filling as traditionally found in king cakes add it in a straight "thin" line along long side of roll.
- Using parchment roll up jelly roll style starting at jelly lined edge.
- seal as well as you can and make sure seam side is down.
- Connect ends together to form a circle.
- Place on Parchment lined baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Fully cool and frost with vanilla frosting.
- Sprinkle with green/ yellow / purple sugar sprinkles.
My preferred Flour Blend:
4 parts Tapioca Starch
2 parts Brown Rice Flour
1 part Potato Starch
I will be sharing this with:
Slightly Indulgent Tuesday
Gluten Free Wednesdays