- 1 head Romain Lettuce, leaves washed & dried and torn into bite sized pieces
- 1 head Ice Burg Lettuce, leaves washed & dried and torn into bite sized pieces
- 8 ounces of Pasta, cooked until al dente and drained (I like to use spiral)
- 2 or 3 8-ounce cans Tuna
- 3 or 4 Roma Tomatoes
- 4 to 6 Hard Boiled Eggs, peeled and quartered
- 1/4 cup Black Olives (Nicoise is traditionally used but I am using either Kalamata or black)
- 8 ounces Green Beans, stem ends trimmed and each bean halved crosswise
I like to layer salad in a large bowl in the order listed. It makes for a beautiful presentation and is very filling. You will notice the rather large range difference in proportions of ingredients. This salad is not an exact science. Add the ingredients more or less according to your taste. At Saladworks they have all the ingredients separate and every ingredient was added in equal proportions via scoop. That is pretty much how we do it too, set out all the ingredients and add.
I will be linking this recipe to Gluten Free Homemaker's Gluten Free Wednesday.