This recipe idea was adapted from a recipe originally given to me by Loren at The Baking Sheet who found it over at The Sweet Adventures of Sugarbelle. If you have not already visited them, you really should. They are cake and cookie decorating genius!
1 cup Butter, room temperature
1/3 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
2 teaspoons Vanilla
2 3/4 cup Flour Blend *
2 teaspoons Xanthan Gum
1 Tablespoon White Chocolate Pudding Mix
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 1/2 cups Mini Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Cream Butter and Sugar until well combined.
- Add Egg and Vanilla and beat on low 1 additional minute.
- Add Flour, Gum, Pudding and Salt and mix until completely incorporated.
- Add Chips to the bowl and mix a bit by hand.
- Take batter and turn it onto a piece of parchment paper and continue to combine gently by hand.
- Roll out batter to into a 1/2 inch thick sheet cut into shapes.
- Place shapes on parchment lined baking sheets and chill for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Once chilled, bake cookies for 12 minutes. Cookies will not brown on top but will be slightly brown on the bottom.
- Top with Royal Icing!
* My preferred GF flour blend is:
4 parts Tapioca,
2 parts Superfine Brown Rice Flour &
1 part Potato Starch.