2 8-Ounce packs of Cream Cheese, room temperature and very soft
1/2 cup Granulated Sweetener
2 Tablespoons Sour Cream
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Line muffin tin with papers.
Spray papers inside with oil.
- Keeping mixer on LOW speed, whip up the cream cheese, sugar, sour cream and vanilla until there are no lumps.
- Add Eggs one at a time and mix until JUST incorporated. Do not over mix and keep mixer on low ~ this will help with the middle sinking.
- Place 3 Tablespoons of Batter inside each cup. Makes about 12.
- Place muffin tin inside a sheet cake pan and fill half way up with water.
- Place both pans inside oven and set timer for 25 minutes.
- When timer is up, turn oven off and leave door slightly ajar for 1 hour. This step should prevent sinking.
- Remove cooled muffins from oven and chill.
- Top with your favorite topping.
- This recipe makes about a dozen cupcakes or 2 dozen mini cupcakes.
- If making this recipe into mini cupcakes, I suggest cutting cooking time down to 15 minutes.
- I like the tang the sour cream has in this recipe, but it will turn out well without it.
- If using Splenda, I would suggesting using less first and taste to see if it is sweet to your liking. I personally find that Splenda is sweeter in baking than sugar.
Tasty Tuesday at Dr. Laura's