When my brother first tried this dish, he went right over to his place and bragged about it to his friends. He was telling them how creative I am. Well I wish that were the case but I first tried this dish at a Church dinner. I noticed that my son enjoyed it and he is just so incredibly picky that I thought to myself, "I must try it gluten free". It makes a generous sized casserole and results in plenty of leftovers. At least it does for my family.
3 to 4 chicken pieces
Water to cover
1 Herb Ox Bouillon Cube
1 (18 ounce) can Progresso cream of mushroom soup
1 cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1 (16 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes (drained)
1 small Onion, finely diced (1/4 cup)
1 small Pepper, finely diced (1/4 cup) ~ Optional
1 (12 ounce) package spaghetti noodles
1 cups Reserved Chicken Broth From Pot
1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash
⅛ teaspoons (to 1/4 Teaspoon) Cayenne Pepper
Salt And Pepper, to taste
*1 cup Additional Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese (for topping if desired)*
- Place a large pot of water on to boil.
- Add chicken pieces into the pot and cook until done, approximately 35 to 40 minutes. Internal temperature of chicken should be 165 degrees.
- Remove 1 cup of stock and add Bouillon Cube. Keep the remaining stock on simmer.
- Making sure chicken is cool enough to handle, pick out the meat to make two full cups of meat.
- Add broken spaghetti into the chicken broth and simmer until al dente. Do not overcook, especially with GF pasta.
- When spaghetti is cooked, drain out broth.
- Combine with remaining ingredients (including 1 cup stock) and 1 cup sharp cheddar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 45 minutes.