This was my first time having a chocolate chip in a cookie with oats. The combination of oats and chocolate chips was just heavenly. I always heard of making oatmeal cookies with chocolate chips instead of raisins but never ever tried them that way. I think these are called cowboy cookies because the turn out to be a hearty cookie. Just what you would expect a cowboy to eat.
1/2 cup Butter (room temperature)
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1 1/2 cups Flour Blend
1/2 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
1 1/3 cups rolled oats (make sure they are labeled GF)
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cookie sheets with or parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together 1/2 cup butter , 2 eggs, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
3. Stir in the remaining ingredients. You may need to use your hands to finish mixing.
4. Shape into walnut sized balls.
5. Place 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets.
6. Bake for 11 to 13 minutes in the preheated oven.