1/3 cup Butter
1/4 cup all-purpose Flour
2 cups Chicken Broth
1 cup Half-and-Half (have used regular milk with good results)
1 bag of mixed veggies, defrosted(alternatively 1 cup each: potato, onion, celery, carrot - diced and cooked)
1 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon Pepper
2 cups cooked diced Chicken, cooked
Pie Crust (store bought or your own recipe)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Melt Butter in 2 quart pot.
- Add Flour, Broth and Milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thick and bubbly.
- Stir in Salt and Pepper, Vegetable mixture and and Chicken
- Continue to cook until heated through.
- Pour into 2 quart casserole dish. Top with pie shell. Cut slits to allow steam to escape.
- Bake for 40 minutes until pastry is golden brown and filling is bubbly and cooked through.