Every time my daughter has a birthday or special occasion, she needs a PINK cake. This is my quick and easy go to recipe for a girly Strawberry Cake recipe. It turns out really moist and delicious. You really would never know you used a yellow cake mix to start with.
1 box of Betty Crocker Gluten Free Yellow Cake Mix
1 3.8 ounce box of Strawberry Jello mix
1/3 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Oil
3/4 cup Pureed Strawberries
(if using frozen, use thawed juice, otherwise add a 2 tablespoons of water to puree berries)
1 teaspoon Strawberry Extract
- Add Strawberries to food processor to mash, adding a few tablespoons of water as necessary.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, gelatin powder and sugar. Mix to combine.
- Add eggs, oil, and extract.
- Beat on low speed for 3 minutes or until incorporated.
- Add pureed strawberries into cake batter.
- Mix until everything is fully incorporated and all of cake mix is pink.
- Pour into two greased 8-inch round baking pans.
- Bake at 350° for 41-46 minutes. I find that cakes with fresh fruit added take the full time to set up properly. Cake is done when a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
For other Great Strawberry recipe ideas, head on over to Friday Foodie Fix where Strawberry is the main ingredient.