Sunday, August 15, 2010

Menu Plan Monday - Week of August 16th



We are starting with school lunches this week starting Wednesday. How exciting!

Monday
Chicken Enchiladas - I'm using up the leftover sandwich petals I have along with come cooked chicken in the fridge from a great sale over the weekend.  Serving it with a new Spanish Rice recipe.

Tuesday
Leftover Beef Stroganoff - The leftover roast from last week will make a second appearance served over risotto.  Home Made Lemon Bars for Dessert (recipe to follow).

Wednesday:
Lunch: Home Made Lunchable: Low fat, low salt lunch meat and cheese cut into circles and placed on top of crackers. Pudding, cookie, drink and Clementine’s.

Dinner: Country Fried Pork Chops - Chops are pan fried with a crust and served with cream gravy. Served with Mashed Potatoes.

Thursday:
Lunch: Green Salad with Home Made Ranch Dressing, Grapes, Almonds and a brownie bite.

Dinner: Rosemary Chicken - This is one of our favorite chicken dishes and it is so simple. I’m going to marinade the chicken in Balsamic vinegar, olive oil, rosemary, salt and pepper. It leaves a wonderful dark caramelized coating on the chicken. Pan fried and served with rice.  An Extra-ordinary dessert for back to school (pics to follow).

Friday:
Lunch: Pizza Sub, sliced apples, yogurt.

Dinner: Taco Dinner: Friday is simple dinner night; we don’t need leftovers for lunches. Seems like this one keeps showing up right? Well my children love it. It is the one dish I could make over and over and I know that they will eat. And as always, I will serve it with home made refried beans.

Saturday:
Pizza – We are going to try pizza crust made from Pamela’s Bread Mix.  Served with a green salad.  Banana cake for dessert.


Sunday
Zuppe Tuscana (an Olive Garden Copycat Recipe to follow) – I love this soup. And now that I figured out how to make it at home, I like mine better! ☺ I am going to try my hand at a copy cat recipe of Udi’s Bread to go along with it.

Need more ideas:

  • Laura at OrgJunkie.com hosts Menu Plan Monday every week. You’ll find links to hundreds of meal plans there.
Print

3 comments:

  1. I make homemade lunchables for my boys all the time...they love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that is most certainly good to know. My daughter in particular just loves when I do this. Because in home made there is more selection flexibility involved, they do not even ask for the store bought ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got enchiladas on the menu for htis week too! mmmmmm!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...