Monday, April 12, 2010

Menu Plan Monday: Week of April 12th, 2010

Monday:
Taco
Spinach Casserole

Tuesday:
Grilled Hamburgers, French Fries

Wednesday:
Church

Thursday:
Grilled Steak, Mashed Potatoes


Friday: *Camping*
Campfire Hot Dogs
Smores


Saturday: *Camping*
B: Cast Iron Skillet Eggs; Potato Foil Packets; Coffee
L: Marinaded Chicken

Dinner:
* Hamburger Foil Packets; Potato Foil Packets
* Sandwich Baggies of crushed Doritos, lettuce, tomato, cheese
* Foil Apple Cobbler (spray foil, add apples, top with granola)


Sunday:
Cast Iron Skillet Eggs; Potato Foil Packets; Coffee
Grilled Pork Loin

Camp Snacks:
Almond Packs
Granola Bars


We are going camping this weekend.  In preparation for this I am going to pre-bake potatoes.  Then chill in the refrigerator.  Once cold I will slice the potatoes, add butter and onion and place them back into a foil pocket.  These could be baked over a fire for easy cooked side dish.  I am also going to bring my cast iron skillet and cooke eggs for breakfast

I will also make 5 one pound portions of taco meat for my freezer stash. Print

2 comments:

  1. I would love to know about your spinach casserole! Also, don't know if you have any, but you can buy things for camping, they call them "Ho-Bo Pie makers" here, but we spray them and put bread and then you can make just about anything (pizza pocket sandwiches, ham and cheese, pb&j, etc.) the kids love creating their own and then setting it in the fire! Here is a link to one at Cabela's http://www.cabelas.com/p-0031806515113a.shtml
    Hope that helps and have a blast camping!!!!
    Blessing,
    Lisa
    www.chilibos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet desserts woud be great that way. I'm not really big on extra items I can do without. That said, I'm positive my kids just may eat something if they were allowed to use this contraption. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...