Monday, November 16, 2009

Menu Plan Monday: Week of November 16th, 2009

Its POTATO week!

There is going to be lots of make ahead preparations in my plan this week. Thanksgiving is right around the corner. The kids have off a chunk of next week so I know very well I'll get nothing done those days. And since I decorate the day after Thanksgiving, I have lots of preparation cleaning to work on as well. This time of the year makes me grateful to be able to stay at home. I remember trying to get it all done while working and it was always chaos.

Last weeks sale at the local market advertised 20 pounds potatoes for $2.99. I bought two bags. My meal plan this week therefore is going to be focused on potatoes. One for dinner and one for the freezer. I plan to have no potatoes left (at all) when the week ends.

This weeks menu plan:

I'll also be making:
Print

4 comments:

  1. I made the Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes this weekend and they were yummy! I DID tweek the recipe a bit. It called for 2 large potatoes (for 4 servings at 1/2 potato each) but I LOVE sweet potatoes and since there was three of us eating I wanted us to each have our own whole potato. I also used the whole block of cream cheese AND i added about 2-3 tbsp. butter. And I upped the cinnamon too to about 2-3 tbsp. I can't rememeber if there were any other changes (but I wrote about it on my blog so you can check there if you want) but let me tell you they came out PERFECT...creamy and not overly sweet yet delicious! All three of us loved them. :-) Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous April. I just love when folks tell me their tweaks. Thanks for sharing the info. I'm going to try your version this week I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, I LOVE that you did a potato week! You know my LOVE of potatoes!!! I can't wait to try some of these recipes. Not sure if I'll try the Gnocchi or not. I love Gnocchi, but don't know if I am brave enough to try making them!

    Can't wait to try BOTH versions of the sweet potatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let me tell you, that Gnocchi was extremely time consuming. SOOOOooo good tho. I suggest if you make them, you don't do the fork part. Just cook them in the 1 inch pieces without the fork marks. Maybe just push your thumb in the middle like a donut.

    I froze some of the twice baked sweets yesterday so I'll let you know how that works out.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...