When I volunteer to cook for Church, this is my go to meal to make. I can secure the beef on a good sale and freeze it so it does not cost a half a years budget to serve. It takes very little time to prepare, I just toss all the ingredients in the crock pot (or multiple crock pots if you are feeding a crowd) early in the morning. The results are always pleasing and it even starts the gravy for you. This is my all time favorite way to cook a roast. Roast beef really does not need much to taste fantastic.1/4 cup Water
1 beef HerbOx Bouillon Cube1 Tablespoon Corn Starch mixed with a little water
3-4 lbs Roast Beef (My favorite is Chuck)
1 teaspoon Brown Rice Flour
Potato (diced large)
Carrot (diced large)
Onion (diced large)
- Add ingredients into crock pot.
- Set on low for 8-10 hours.
- One our before roast is done add cornstarch/water mixture and flour.
- Stir to combine.
- Remove roast from crock pot and turn crock pot up to high if gravy is not thick enough yet.
- While roast is setting, tent with foil.
- As soon as bubbles form around the edges of the gravy in the crock pot, sauce should be thick enough to serve.