Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Old Fashioned Meatloaf


This is the recipe that resembles the meatloaf my hubby's mom used to make. It does not have a ton of ingredients so the flavor of the beef really comes though.

It became a fast favorite though-out my entire family. I make this recipe ahead and freeze for myself as well as my sister. I'll often buy a 5 pound roll of beef and make 3/4 meat loaves (depending on who its for portion wise).

Old Fashioned Meat Loaf

1 pound ground beef
1-1/4 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 egg, lightly beaten
8 ounces canned diced tomatoes with juice
1/2 cup quick cooking oats, pureed to a powder (GF Certified oats only)

Topping
1/3 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon prepared mustard

Preheat oven 375 degrees.

Mix all ingredients well and either shape into loaf and place on baking sheet or use a loaf pan.

Mix toppings and spread on loaf.

Bake 1 hour.
Print

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes old fashion recipe are the best. I still use my mom's meatloaf recipe. THANKS!!! Geri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, what you posted about my beef barley soup recipe is what I wanted to post here.....
    glad this recipe is on your blog...now I know where to find it...and I won't have to send you desperate emails at dinner time to send me the recipe again!
    Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...