Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Cheese Cake Pancakes

2 cubs Strawberries, chopped into quarters
1/2 teaspoon Balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar

3 egg yolks and whites separated
2 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup cottage cheese
1/3 cup all purpose flour (I'll use Pamela's Pancake mix)

Add strawberries, vinegar and sugar in bowl. Stir and allow to marinade.

Mix the egg yolks, sugar, vanilla, cheese and flour until well incorporated.

In another bowl whisk egg whites until frothy (just before soft peaks). Incorporate (fold) into batter.

Heat skillet and make pancakes 3 or 4 inches in diameter. Top should be bubbly before flipping.

Serve warm with strawberries.

This recipe is posted:





Print

7 comments:

  1. GREAT!!! pancake recipe. We love pancake and make them every Saturday.

    I have become a follower of you blog, come by and visit my blog and maybe do the same.

    THANKS!!! for the recipe. Geri

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound really good!
    I'm having my first giveaway, come and have a look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pancakes are so wonderful. Out of the ordinary. I was originally a bit worried about my kids "finding" cottage cheese in there but even they love these.

    Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These sound terrific. I will certainly give them a try. Come share your slow cooker recipes at Crock Pot Wednesday. I would love to see you there. diningwithdebbie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I LOVE pancakes! Those look great; thanks for sharing with TATT. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa, do they really taste like cheese cake?? I'm not a fan of pancakes, unless they are blueberry. But if they taste like cheese cake...I may be willing to try them! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alison, this is not your ordinary pancake recipe. They really really do taste like Cheese Cake. They smell wonderful too. I eat mine without the syrup even. What I like the most is that they are less carb and more protein than your ordinary pancakes. Something that is important with an ADD child.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...