Saturday, August 29, 2009

The Fair is in Town

We took our kids to the Fair last night. Arm bands were $14 dollars. A good deal if you break down cost per ride. The kids went on rides at least 20 times. Thats $.70 per ride. The entire night I was fondly remembering going to the Carnival when I was growing up. It was always this time of year, just about fall. We would just be started back to school. We would wait so eagerly all week for arm band day. I remember how crowded it would be. How extra sparkly the stars seemed under the blinking lights of the rides. How my brothers would be running around and not really going on rides. It was special just to walk around. I wanted those sort of memories for my children.

The whole family had a great time and I hope that my children fondly remember the wonderful time they had at our Fair.

This is the second time I have seen the Fair come to town since we moved here in April. I must say, I'm pretty impressed with how many events this town hosts. So far the Fair twice, Main Street Festival, the Circus and the Car Show. You never have to go very far either, its always hosted in the park. For such a small town, it sure does know how to show a resident a good time :-).
Print

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful time! I cannot wait to share experiences like that with my daughter.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...